airberlin and its service partners collect your personal data and use it to operate the airberlin websites and to provide the services you have requested.
airberlin may pass on personal data to other service providers who perform services and functions based on our instructions and on our behalf. For example, these service providers provide you with services, verify your identity, support us in processing transactions, send you advertising for our products and services or offer you customer support.
With your consent, airberlin uses your personally identifiable data to inform you about services available from airberlin. airberlin may also contact you for surveys to ask about your opinion concerning current services and potential new services that may be offered.
airberlin does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. airberlin may contact you on behalf of your external business partners (e.g. credit card companies) to process your inquiries. In those cases your personally identifiable data (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) will not be passed on to third parties.
You can revoke your consent at any time and free of charge.
We may disclose information about you to third parties for business reasons or in case disclosure is permitted or required by law. This applies in the following cases:
- if we are obliged to comply with any law, legal decision or regulation,
- to law enforcement agencies, other government officials or other third parties based on a subpoena, court order or other legal process or requirement if airberlin software or the airberlin group are affected,
- if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical damage or financial loss or to assist in the investigation of a possible or actual illegal activity;
- to investigate violations of user agreements or other legal provisions applicable to our services or to enforce these legal instruments;
- to protect our assets, services and rights.
In addition, airberlin may share aggregated statistical data with third parties such as other companies and the public. This information does not personally identify you and does not include any information about your use of the websites or services. We will not pass on your personal data to third parties for their marketing activities without your consent.